Reporting to the Design Manager for Electrical Engineering, with great latitude for independent judgment, the successful candidate will perform highly difficult and technically complex work as an engineering specialist with electrical engineering expertise. The selected candidate will also provide guidance to the Electrical Engineering design project teams and monitor electrical systems tasks. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Prepare complex plans, specifications and project schedules.
2. Perform project coordination and ensure completion of engineering tasks.
3. Conduct field visits (surveys in pre-design and design phase, and inspections of projects under construction) and emergency site visits including investigation of unsafe conditions throughout all five boroughs.
4. Prepare complex condition assessment and feasibility reports and construction drawings using CADD and specifications.
5. Provide support during all phases of design and construction.
6. Coordinate construction documents and constructability reviews.
7. Coordinate with design teams to establish and assure implementation of electrical design standards for the Capital Program.
8. Prepare cost estimates; tracking project schedules and budgets.
9. Provide bi-weekly project progress and status reports.
10. Sign and seal engineering and other official documents.
11. Review projects designed by consultants.
12. May serve as team leader on a project of great technical complexity.
13. Represent the Office of Design at interdepartmental meetings.
14. Serve as Unit liaison for electrical engineering issues.
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by sending a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.